


Today I went to the JW Marriott with my friend R's two girls H and S. It's R's first week of work at her new job, and it's also the last week of Summer for the girls. (The pictures posted are off of the internet. One is looking down onto the very impressive lobby, the others are obviously of the exterior, at night).
I've mentioned before that there is a ton of shopping and many eateries, underneath and up and around, the Marriott. It's amazing. There is also a shopping area called Shinsegae. I'm beginning to think that there is more than one Shinsegae here in Seoul.... Maybe it's something like a "Galleria Mall" in the U.S.... but, it's not a mall....
I picked up a couple of little things... (some Fall birthdays are approaching...) .... and of course I ate. :) Today I had some meat on a stick (not sure what the restaurant calls it, but, that's what the girls and I call it), and some sort of bread, meat, and cheesy thing.
I really like going to this area because there is just SO MUCH to look at. There is the area that is seemingly typical, that is the subway stop shopping, the different restaurant choices, little convienient store type things, "regular" shopping, high end shopping, shoes, shoes, and more shoes, bags, bags, and more bags.... then the beautiful market area which I think I've described before... I think I compared it to Faneuil Hall before...
There is so much to look at and so much variety, that it's hard to put it into words..... it's just hard to describe.
The other nice thing is that it's all inside. So on days like today (pouring, POURING down rain)... it's very nice.
Tomorrow T and I are going back down to Songtan.
xo
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment