Why?
Why not me?
I found out earlier in the week that someone I know is pregnant. She and her husband have been trying for a really long time. They are "finally pregnant". Things are going really well.
I am happy for her. I'm happy because being pregnant is a wonderful, amazing experience. I'm happy for her because I myself, know the happiness of being pregnant. (Even if my pregnancies didn't last). I am happy for her that they are finally going to have a baby.
The first time I was pregnant I remember thinking that I didn't think it was possible to be as happy as I was.
My heart is so heavy right now.
I feel like I am a balloon that has a slow leak.
I am feeling that old, familiar, deep, pain and longing.
And I just don't know why it can't be me who "finally gets pregnant".
If I were actually talking about this out loud right now, I wouldn't want any words of wisdom. I wouldn't want any encouragement. I wouldn't want a hug. I guess I would just want whoever I was talking with to just sit there. In silence. Because nothing can take away the ache that is in my heart right now.
I know that tomorrow will be a better day. That I'll come out on the other side of this.
I know that the Lord is with me in all this. And I believe in His perfect plan. I promise you that I do. Today is just a day that is a hard day for me.
I guess I just wanted to share my feelings tonight.
We did have a really good day today. I'll share that later, maybe tomorrow.
xo
K.
3 comments:
Sitting in silence with you - and hugging you anyway -
r
- silencio -
(But totally here.)
K
sitting her silently with tears streaming down my face- just wanting you to know you're loved.
Post a Comment