Saturday, June 28, 2008

Turning another page......

Flip.

So we drove away today, leaving NC in our rear view mirror. It was hard. 

As the distance increased between us and "home" I had lots of time to think. 

I thought about God's provision, and how it is always, ALWAYS so much more than we could ever imagine. 

T and I, like most folks, have had a few losses, but, the Lord always seems to .... make up for it all.... even if those losses are people we really feel like we cannot live without..... 

Our friends, M, M, R&W are the kinds of friends you read about. They are AWESOME and loving and funny and friendly and generous and thoughtful..... 

Then there's W&M and J&R.... These guys have "adopted" us. Let me say that I am NOT the type of person that throws the titles "Mom  and Dad" around. I was never someone that called friend's parents "Mom and Dad".... never. That being said. these folks. Yeah. They are our parents. They have completely embraced T and me... They love us, bless us, listen to us, pray for us, when we succeed they are happy and proud, when we fail they are there to catch us, when we are at rock bottom they help us to find our way back up, when we wonder, they guide us in ways that increase our faith.  With them I feel safe and loved and cared for.

So, yeah, leaving today was hard. But. I know we'll be home again soon, so that's what I'm going to think of whenever I get sad.....

Turning the page. 

Flip.

OK. If I told you that as T and I were driving north on I- 95 in NC and that T SAW our friends M&R driving down I-95 SOUTH what would you say?!?!?!? For. Real. Isn't that nuts??? We called them immediately to let them know. We could not have planned that if we tried. :) 

Turning the page.
Flip.

Tomorrow we'll get up early. Head to the Cape. Upon arrival we'll give a set of the Jeep keys to E, so that she has them when we leave it at her house.....

We'll visit family on the Cape 'till the 3rd....

Then.

Flip.

We'll turn another page.....
xo
K.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Flippity flip flip flip.

I'm glad you have so many good people in your lives who love you so well.... I don't know anyone who is worthy of it more than you.

Safe journey -

Karyn said...

Oh, and mind the cicadas.

Nasty clouds of the things going thwack, thwack, against the windshield and splattering. Load up on windshield washer fluid, that's all I can say - exits 2-5 are pretty messy.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...