Leaving Newport is going to be sad. As far as locations go, it's idyllic and I'm sure that there are not many places on earth that can compare. But, it's time to move on. One can only spend so much time in DisneyWorld before going a bit stir-crazy. -T
Friday, June 20, 2008
T's First Post
I graduate at noon and the engine will be running (figuratively speaking, I can't afford to let it idle that long) with K and dog ready to drive off into the sunset. The jeep will be going into quasi-storage at a friend's house which means that the aftermarket industry has two years to come up with a high-torque hybrid engine (for the automotively uninclined, that is as likely as the invention of a nuclear-powered bicycle). In fact, the last gallons of precious gas that I put into the tank may very well prove to be the best investment I've made in a long time (the stock market being what it is these days). By the time we get back, those 19 gallons will be worth a lot more than they are now. As K mentioned, the "I love listening to the Indigo Girls as I hug a red cockaded woodpecker-inhabited tree" Subaru is already on its way over and my daily commutes will be probably be made largely by either mountain bike or by the hand-me-down 1997 Kia Pride that I may be inheriting upon arrival (if it is still running).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
it's my choice now
I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting. Going throug...
-
I have been smiling since about 4:30. It is hard to post about today, because there is so much that happened. Each day our court time was sc...
-
We went to the court house today. My Sister E stayed in the car with the twins, so the twins would be "available" for a visit with...
3 comments:
CONGRATULATIONS TED!!! YOU ROCK! A Masters Degree, a Marathon, zucchini bread all the time from your awesome wife, a great dog, fishing night after night... You had a GREAT YEAR in Newport! I am proud of you. Take care of my girl in S.K. ... I will be sending for her... and please don't worry about the phone bills.
congratulations Ted! Hope you enjoy your time as you drive up and down the coast. the N family can't wait to see the 3 of you!
OK. I get it now. I can leave you guys comments. If Bob knew I didn't pay attention to that little piece of the puzzle, he would have a field day. I'm going to throw K a curve ball and be a "word person"... All of us here crammed into this house that is one project away from being done are so very, very proud of all that you have accomplished this past year. We love you both and thank you both for your service to our country and safety. - Nikki & Bob
Post a Comment