In an effort to save $150.00, we steam cleaned our carpets today. For the first time since we've been married, (and in the five moves we've made together), we are actually going to PAY to have our place cleaned upon our move out. I usually spend hours, make that days, cleaning and cleaning..... Floor boards, and mini blinds, corners and cupboards, windows and sills, refrigerators, stoves and ovens... Scratch that, the oven has always been T's job. However. I just couldn't bear to also pay the $150.00 for the carpet cleaning. We bought a steam cleaner when we were living in NY, and now it's officially paid for itself. T is outside cleaning (and cleaning) our grille so that the movers will give a thumbs up on storing it for us. Tomorrow our third and final group of movers will come. Everything that is picked up tomorrow will go into storage, and we'll see it in two years (or so). This morning we packed all of the stuff we'll be hand carrying to S.K. in our suitcases, and by golly, it looks like it's all going to fit! Woohoo! So tomorrow. We will officially. Only have our suitcases. And the dog. :)
Our internet access is going to be a bit touch and go from here on out b/c we are turning in all of our cable stuff tomorrow. We should be able to get on and off occasionally w/the whole wifi deal ... Something that I don't entirely understand, but, enjoy very much.
Yesterday we spent a WONDERFUL day w/family in MA. It was such a great day. The cookout was hosted by our dear Auntie J and Uncle B who I haven't seen in years, and who T had never met. I saw cousins I hadn't seen in way too long, and met two new additions to the family ... additions that I immediately loved. :) Good times.... Good memories....
xo
K
No comments:
Post a Comment