Every now and then we'll sing an old hymn in church.....
Today we sang this one:
I stand amazed in the presence
Of Jesus the Nazarene
And wonder how He could love me
A sinner condemned unclean
How marvelous - how wonderful
And my song shall ever be
How marvelous - how wonderful
Is my Savior’s love for me
He took my sins and my sorrows
He made them His very own
He bore the burden to Calvary
And He suffered and died alone
When with the ransomed in glory
His face I at last shall see
’Twill be my joy through the ages
To sing of His love for me
--------------
There were moments in church this morning, that I PROMISE you, I could hear my mom singing.
And suddenly
out of the blue
I really missed my mom.
These moments always kind of take me by surprise.
They don't come often ..... My mom's been gone for a while (1996)....
But.
They still come.
And tonight,
I'm kind of missing her.
It's not in a sad way..... It's actually OK.
I was blessed with a very good mom.
xo
K.
6 comments:
It is amazing how a hymn can take you to a memory of a special person - God is good the great comforter. Prayers for you all as T is deployed.
XOX - Tina
Kris, I was so sad to hear of your mom's passing and you are right, she was such a wonderful, caring mom who left an impression on me for one!
I am sure you miss her very much. HUGS!
(((HUGS)))
What a gift! To be blessed with such a godly mom. Her love and devotion to the LORD was a witness to many. Missing her is, in God's economy, a special gift.
She was a wonderful auntie! xox
PS - I LOVE the old hymns! I have a reording of Chris Tomlin singing this song on my ipod.
Post a Comment