You know what's great about hardships?
Coming out the other side - changed.
FINALLY learning to rest in the Lord's peace.
I know it's only been two weeks, but, typically, the first two weeks of a deployment have always been really difficult for me. I get numb when T leaves... I walk around in a fog not knowing HOW I can possibly survive with him not here...... It's horrible.
Yet. Here I am.
With joy in my heart.
Yes.
Joy.
This is the FIRST deployment that I've ever experience peace like this.
I am so thankful.
Every day is busy here.
I go to bed each night, completely exhausted.
We have dear, dear, WONDERFUL E in our lives. To call E our "nanny" just doesn't seem appropriate.... E does nanny for us, but.... she is so much more.... She is family, she is my friend, she is a bright ray of sunshine each and every day. E is a life saver for me every day when she shows up at our door. (E works every week day afternoon and every other Saturday).
The children LOVE her and pray "about" her each night. I can't say FOR her because the prayers are usually something like this.....
Thank you E come to my house.
Thank you E jump with us on trampoline.
Thank you we do artandcrabs with Miss E.
Blessings E. AAAAAA-MEN!
I am doubly blessed with E, because not only does she help me - incredibly - with the children...... She and I are becoming friends and I really - really - like her.
We are going through the deployment TOGETHER - and really - that's priceless. It's hard to describe
T and I have had very good communication so far. T is busy dumpster diving in order to make his "hooch" (living quarters) more ..... fancy. T has already received a care package (THANKS M & M!!!!).
The kids and I are busy making our paper link chain.... The kids decorate a link every day, for each day that T is away.... The chain will most likely be wrapped around this entire house by the time T returns.... 3 children x 365 days = 1095 links!!!!
The kids are really enjoying their "One a Day While Daddy's Away" (Skittle) candy jars.
Every morning the kids are like
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I'll haaaaavvvvveeeeee
YELLOW (or purple or green or red etc.......).
Who knew Skittles could be so exciting?
All in all we are doing well here. We really are.
Thank you for the awesome prayers! They are working!!!
xo
K.
2 comments:
Really glad for you, Kristin, and for your kids...lots of love from up here -
You are SUCH A GOOD MOM! That's all I gotta say.
xo
Post a Comment