Saturday, March 12, 2011

one week

We made it through our first week.

If I can do one, I can do fifty two.

Today was a ridiculous day.

Like.

BAD ridiculous.

ALL three children were RI.DIC.U.LOUS. A.L.L. D.A.Y. (is that enough emphasis for you to understand the severity of the ridiculousness???).

From start to finish to past bedtime.

And.

I'm still standing.

What is amazing (yes, I'm still amazed) is that, not ONCE did I feel like.....

HOW AM I GOING TO DO THIS?

or

I CANNOT DO THIS FOR A YEAR.

or

(enter sound of car starting, and tires peeling)

It was just a regular, crappy day.

I was a normal, fed up, Mom.

I know it's only one week.

But.

I'll take it.

I'll take it as success.

I have experienced REAL AND TRUE peace that passes understanding this week.

Like I've never experienced it.

And.

I'm thankful.

Keep us in your prayers because BOY are they working.

It is SO NICE to talk with T and to be able to be positive and to tell him "We're OK, I'm FINE, I promise" and to really mean it.

I can't say that I was nice to the children today. I tried. BELIEVE ME I tried.... But, on most days this week? I was. I was nice. I was happy.

Half way through this ridiculous day, I checked the mail.....

and God in His perfect timing,

had called on one of my new friends,

to send me this.....



She also sent the children coloring/sticker books - which they LOVED.....

THAT is how much God loves this girl.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I hope you enjoy it!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...