Saturday, April 2, 2011

one month

I JUST missed a call from T. Every now and then my phone does this.... it doesn't ring, and suddenly it says DDDRRRROOOIIIDDDD telling me that I have a voice mail.

Ugh.

T was calling at 3:30AM his time, he had just finished working for the day.

I hate missing calls from T.

But. I don't have to tell you that.

We DO have very good email contact, for which I am so grateful, so it's not like we didn't communicate today..... Still though, to miss a call does stink.

We've officially gotten through our first month!

It's a strange feeling.

Of course it's GREAT.

Still.

It is critical that I stay in my "one day at a time" frame of mind here.

T did let me know that he has dates for his R&R (two weeks of leave where he comes home) .... it's in November.

I tried to be excited about it.... but, instead found myself fighting back the tears.

In eight months, we'll get a visit. Then T will go back. Truthfully? I'd rather T just come home two weeks earlier, and I'd skip the visit. I can't imagine doing another "count down" to when he leaves again....

And then ....

yeah .... having him leave again.

I realized in the midst of those thoughts what had happened.

I had been knocked out of my "one day at a time" outlook.

I was suddenly counting the months 'till November....

and then counting the months from November 'till March.....

and it was so upsetting.

I knew I had to reset myself.

So I did.

Then all was well with the world again.

I'l do the R&R, and I'll do it one day at a time.... Then we'll say our farewells again.... and we'll do the remainder of the deployment one day at a time.....

This past month?

Peace, joy, love, grace ......

Success.

Here's to today!

Another day down!

xo
K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...