Saturday, April 16, 2011

six weeks

Yes. OK. FINE.

Time is flying by.

Even I'LL admit it.

We got incredible news this week.

My amazing, awesome, incredible, husband made "the list" for Battalion Commander. It's a huge deal, a big honor, and a ton of responsibility. The position is very competitive.

I'm one proud lady.

With this news, came more news. Not only were we told T "got" command.

We found out where.

We will be moving,

Summer of 2012.....

(deep, cleansing, breath......)

back to......

South Korea.

Yup.

My first reaction was - tears.

I quickly swallowed those.... and realized that this will of course be JUST fine.

Better than fine.

As my wise friend M said:

It's (our) do-over.

Very true indeed.

So for now I'm going to look up at the blue sky,

breath the beautiful clean air,

embrace every "have a blessed day"

and get as much TJ Maxx and Marshalls time in as I can.

This week seemed a little bit off for all of us. I think we are starting to feel the effects of the absence of T...... It won't last forever, and we're still all pushing forward.

Another week down!
xo
K.

2 comments:

Richele said...

M is SO right. Imagine how much more you will enjoy this tour over there without the extra, um ... SMOG!

My only selfish wish (other than it being closer) is that you were taking over before us so you could tell me what to do. You can do that anyway, though - seeing as how I've never even really been in a BN. Poor Mike.

Anonymous said...

But seriously, get in that TJ Maxx/Marshall's time.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...