Saturday, April 9, 2011

five weeks

We spent the first half of our day at J's track meet.

Each week he is gaining more confidence and is running harder and faster.

It was FREEZING at the track this morning. It was so strange. It was bordering on WARM at the house.... I ALMOST didn't have the kids wear jackets, but, just to be safe they did. As an AFTER thought I grabbed a light weight sweat shirt on my way out the door.

The twins and I must have looked pretty pathetic sitting in the bleachers because someone gave us an M&M blanket to borrow. (The twins loved it and sat under it giggling and singing songs together).

J ran the 50 yard dash, the 400 and a 100 relay. He was the littlest guy in his bunch and he did a great job!

By the time we got home I had blue lips and numb fingers, everyone was exhausted .....

But.....

Happy.

And that's always a very good thing.

xo
K.



(J is far left and was fourth to finish)





4 comments:

Trails of Grace said...

how cute. Glad you are doing so great! Love the new blog look!

Jill said...

We had a spring festival at the marina yesterday and froze for the first part of it. Finally it began to warm up towards the end.

That's awesome that he's running track. Do you guys have a jeep? I think I may have seen your husband and two of your kids last week at the school.

K and T said...

Jill - We DID have a Jeep but sold it (in order to get another Jeep that will fit us all).... It wasn't my hubby that you saw - he's deployed for a year... :(

Anonymous said...

Total Beastmode for J; that's awesome. Those aren't easy events either. I particularly like how he's running in a relay, which is about as "team" as you can get in T&F.

When he starts asking for protein shakes and PB+banana sandwiches every morning for breakfast, you'll know he's become a full-fledged runner.

J+A

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...