Tuesday, June 29, 2010

running out of (words)

I woke to the phone ringing this morning. Our attorney was calling to let us know how court went/was going.

K3's mom, A, was there. I'm not going to even bother going into the what's and wherefore's of her ranting. They were unfounded and irrational.

When I hung up the phone I tried to clear my head.

I went about the morning routine.

And, as is custom, I started processing as I was doing the morning dishes.

I thought,

how much did today just cost us? (financially)

And,

we got..... where?

Anywhere?

Nowhere?

Today was one of those hard to function days.

Thankfully I was with friends and friendly faces, yet....

I feel like I was half present for much of the day.

I wanted to yell.

I wanted to cry.

I wanted to go to bed.

I wanted to be anywhere other than in my life today.

Please keep the prayers coming. We are still praying we don't go to trial.

We will pray this until we DON'T go to trial - or right up until we walk through the court room doors if it appears that a trial is inevitable.

I try to look ahead to a time that this is all behind us, but, I can't see that time through my tears.

I just can't.

I'm trying to hold it together.

But,

I feel like my seams are starting to split....

and that my stuffing is starting to come out.

xo
K.

6 comments:

Richele said...

you just made me think of the velveteen rabbit - or perhaps i just always think in children's books now. we're here to put the stuffing back in and stitch you back up. i know it doesn't (always) help to hear it - but you'll get through this. there is an end ... or a different level.

Lori said...

The bad news: This stinks. It's horrible and painful and expensive and wretched.

The good news: She was irrational. This is something I can personally tell you that Judge H does NOT like. Also, we've been there. We've been at that place of wondering if it would ever be over. And we came out of it on the other side.

Karyn said...

What Richele said. Love to you x5.

Debbie said...

xoxo <3 Our prayers are with you. You are one of the strongest, bravest people I know. Give those little ones big hugs and kisses...they will give you the strength you need when you feel like you can't take another minute of this.
I'm always here if you need to vent. <3

Kelly Elizabeth said...

So happy you are coming home soon... I got "in" with the invite... now we can REALLY start to use the swear words to express our frustration.... :)

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Angela said...

^ My thoughts exactly. I'm known for my eloquent use of the "f" word. Quite well known if I do say so myself :)

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...