The song I have in my head today is Circle Game by Joni Mitchell.
The chorus specifically:
"And the seasons, they go 'round and 'round, and the painted ponies go up and down. We're captive on a carousel of time...."
I am on a carousal of rapidly changing seasons these days.
The other day, as you read, I wrote about believing that maybe - just maybe - we won't go to trial.
The next morning I woke up to an inbox of emails from our attorney and our birth mother.
I started my day replying to these emails and pretty much welcomed back the knot in my stomach, throat and heart.
The deep fear that I have been keeping at bay, came back in.
I spent the day, half in fog, deep in fear, that we could still loose the twins.
That it's not over.
When the fear comes back in, it's with a vengeance. It is as if it takes me over and I'm on the outside looking in.
Back in November I was terrified.... but... I felt that we would somehow survive - if the worst - happened.
Now? No. I cannot even imagine it.
I shared my fears with our attorney, who immediately put me back at ease.
Yet.
I sit here today, in the after shocks of it all.
I go from peace, to fear, to anger....
I don't understand how our situation is even possible.
It's not as simple to me as this is all just - "unfair."
I know life is not fair or predictable. I just feel that our laws, should be.
Peace, fear, anger....
Conviction....
Which brings me to my NEXT point.
T and I are watching a series on child rearing from our home church. I realize that in our current situation, I am like a young child.....
'Yes Lord, I know there is something I can learn from this, and that you will protect me, and that I need to listen to you, and that I just need to trust that you know what is best for me..... But.... Can we be done now? Can I have what I want - right - now - instead?"
Do you see why I feel crazy half the time?
I am in a constant state of fluctuating emotions....
If you see me out and about and I look like I am in a daze, well, it's because I am.
xo
K.
1 comment:
Thinking about you, praying for you, and pulling for you here in Ohio. I cannot even fathom what you are enduring. Just continue to trust in HIS plan.
Post a Comment