This past week went pretty well considering we dealt with T being away, J having diarrhea, and the twins locking me out of the house.
I was "proving a point" by saying the typical 'clean up your toys, we're leaving, mommy's leaving, OK, here I go..........' I went into the garage and opened the garage door, suddenly I heard a horrible "CLICK" on the door that connects the garage to the house.
K2 had turned the deadbolt from inside the house.
While I was IN. THE. GARAGE.
He had no idea what he had done, only that now HE couldn't open the door.....
I kept yelling for them to unlock the door, and all I heard was "I can't Mommy" and the wiggling of the door knob.
I ran to my neighbor J's house and (pretty much screamed in panic) asked her to call the MP's.
I came back to the house and called M over to the door. I told her to "get the stool" and I heard her run over and come back with it..... Then I told her to "TURN. THE. RECTANGLE."
At last the wonderful OTHER "CLICK" occurred.
* sigh of relief *
T was home for the weekend and left this afternoon, so we are in week two of five of T being away during the week days.
This weekend we struggled a bit with some adoptive family stuff. (purposefully vague).
Tonight though, as I was saying prayers with the kids....... K2, for the first time said "In Jesus Name" when he ended his prayer..... J ...... His prayer was very short tonight (and for those of you who know him, you know he is a talker)... it was simply,
"Dear God,
Thank you for always forgiving me.
In Jesus name,
Amen."
And that moment filled me completely.
xo
K.
3 comments:
oh man. the garage thing is funny now, though - right? i was thinking about you guys all week. you did it! we can do this!
Yikes. That is not a good thing when it happens...but it has happened to almost all of us at one point or another. Thank goodness for friends to help us out and keep our sanity!!!
Sorry, I am laughing out loud that you had someone call the MPs b/c your toddlers locked you out...bwahahahaha... nice call with "turn the rectangle" though. :)
Post a Comment