We are in week three of five of T being away. He is home on the weekends which is SO wonderful and such a relief.
That being said, we are running like a pretty smooth ship here.
I am realizing that I'm just - being a Mother.
I'm not listening to a bunch of messages on our voice mail from our birth mother.
I'm not checking our email every few seconds to see if something else has hit the fan.
I'm not afraid to check the mail.
I'm not slowly looking, full of fear, around the next corner.
I'm simply living.
And when there is a bump in our road, we go around the bump, or go over the bump, and we recover, and continue on.
It is amazing what kind of energy I have when it's not sucked dry from trauma and chaos.
I have peace.
I have energy.
I'm actually able to be "Mom."
I think I can actually DO this!
xo
K.
2 comments:
Of course you can! I knew it all along! :)
Never doubted it for a minute. xo
Post a Comment