So,
I was going to write about our phone call with our birth mother tonight.
I was going to tell you that I finally addressed how she refers to me by my first name, to the kids. For example, "Can you put K..... on the phone please?"
I told her that I know it's not comfortable, and that I'm sure that it would be very difficult for her to refer to me as "your mom" to the children.... but, she cannot refer to me by my first name. They don't call me my first name, and in fact, the twins probably don't even KNOW my first name. I offered to her that she can refer to us as "your parents" which she seemed to be in agreement on.
But, I'm not going to write about anymore of that because I've got something so much more on my mind.
I wrote to our attorney, letting her know that we can't pay this next bill, in full, on time. BUT. That we would pay it ALL as soon as we possibly can.
Nope.
No can do.
She replied to me, a bit...... angry (or on the verge of).... saying that she did not realize going into trial that we were not intending on paying her.
Um. We ARE intending on paying her.... We never, (ever, ever) thought that it would cost THIS MUCH....
Also, she would like the appeal money set aside as well. She told us to plan on $15,000.00 for this process. That is in addition to the recent bill.
She told us we need to pay the trial bill in full.
That we need to "solve this problem."
So,
Please, please, put us on your facebook status but please don't use our actual names. Share our story....we just "unprivatized" the blog, so feel free to share the address with anyone you feel might be interested. Let US know avenues you know of that are ways we can bring some money in. Does anyone know Oprah?
Thanks.
xo
K.
2 comments:
K...I've been thinking about you. I wondered how things were going. Please send me your mailing address. You know that I'm passionate about adoption too and want to help. Email me at shoppink1@yahoo.com.
I put you on my Facebook page!!!
Jen Cropper
You have been successfully added to my FB page! It's funny that you mention Oprah, I immediately thought of her as someone who maybe could help. Have you guys contacted her? Or maybe even Ellen? I think you should! :)
Post a Comment