Many of you are probably laughing at the drastic turn my mornings have taken.
What they USED to be:
Wake up, make my morning latte, get my muffin out, say my prayers, read my Bible, check email, loose track of time on the computer emailing and face booking.......
My mornings NOW:
One of the twins talking loudly (and usually happily) in the crib. Open the kids bedroom door. Three wide awake kids.'Good Morning' greetings to each.
J immediately starts talking. Well, actually, asking. While I start changing diapers and getting everyone dressed and groomed.
'Mom, what are we having for breakfast?'
'Mom, can we have waffles?'
'Mom, have the kids left for school?'
'Mom, where's Dad?'
'Mom, is the sun coming up or going down?'
'Mom, can I do a puzzle?'
'Mom, can I play my game?'
'Mom, can I watch cartoons?'
'Mom, look at me!!!!'
'Mom, look, look, look at what I'm doing!!!'
'Mom, what are you making?'
'Mom, what's that?'
Please don't misunderstand. I love being a Mom. I promise. It's just kind of funny that I LONGED to hear the word "Mom" for so long.... and.....now...... well, er.... Can I just say that sometimes I wish that...
eversinglepossiblesentenceandquestionandstatement did not have to start with "MOM???"
There. I said it. :)
This morning after the first ten questions, I let J know that there would be no more questions until after breakfast. I said we can have CONVERSATION, but, NO questions. I gave him conversation topics to help him along. For example:
'It sure looks like it's going to be a beautiful day!'
and
'Mom, you look gorgeous.'
I thought those were great starters.
xo
K.
6 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA! OK, sorry to laugh at your expense but I loved reading this.
I think you officially joined the Mom Club!! ;-) Children are a blessing (but do have their annoying moments!).
YOU KILL ME... I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
laaaaaaaaauuuuuughhhiingg!!!
So impressed with your solo flight!
Continuing to encourage and motivate me, as always. :c)
- r
OMG Krissy, I can't stop laughing.
TOTALLY NORMAL.
I have often said that I AM NOT NAMED MOM. I have also threatened to change my name or enact a housewide law making it a punishable offense to use the word mom more than , say, forty six hundred times a day.
Totally. Normal.
Also , the rest of us have the luxury of a wordless year so by the time we hear MOM on a regular basis, it's been a gradual progression... you, sweetie, jumped in with two feet. And we all love & admire you for that.
Hang tight. xx
:) Your post made me laugh!!! I too agree with all above comments!!! I have been known to ignore (which does not work....he just gets louder, in case I just didn't hear him) :) and now I just tell him that I need at least 5 min. of quiet. That will get me a least 1 min. Ahhhh....the joys of parenthood!!! :)
Heh. I LOVE it! I truly truly love that you are finally a mom. It suits you.
Love you girl!
~T
Post a Comment