I could watch J run all day. I'm blessed because - run - he does.
Usually, when we're walking someplace I'll walk with the stroller on the sidewalk, and J runs beside me in the grass.
He runs full speed.
Sometimes his hands are in little fists and his face is serious, in full concentration.
Sometimes he runs with his arms straight out behind him, as if he is flying.
Sometimes he runs in full Spider Man mode "shooting webs" in every direction.
Still other times he will run like a trained gymnast, ending with a full, perfect, front roll. (I have taught him to say "Ta Da" with his hands up in the air whenever he performs one of these).
I think what I love most about J running is how FREE he looks.
Today as he ran beside me, and ahead of me, it hit me.
He's happy, He's free.
I mean - really - happy - and really - free.
As we got closer to our home, and our walk was coming to an end, I called up ahead to him. I said:
"J, you know what?"
"What?"
"You make me happy."
"Why?"
"Just because. You make me happy, just because you are J."
xo
K
2 comments:
that is incredibly sweet... Now, let's get some video of said running.
Thanks for sharing the daily blessings. Isn't it wonderful to be a part of them? Love you...
Post a Comment