Tuesday, June 9, 2009

rainy days and mondays always get me down...

OK.. today wasn't so bad. It was too wet for the park though. And we are a family who goes to the park DAILY.

I had an appointment for the twins this morning, I was blessed with a sitter who took J for a couple of hours. All in all, the day went very well, even if it was a mostly inside kinda day.

Rainy days are a new world for me now. It's all about staying busy, active, happy, and getting through the very, very, VERY long day.

The morning went quickly, and the afternoon was spent building all kinds of things with our (donated) Mega Blocks.

We seem to be settling in even more these days.... We feel more and more like a unit, which feels .... really ..... good.

The twins are starting to say a few more words and when they do, well, I feel like I've just won the lottery. Seriously. I LOVE hearing them speak.

I know, I know ..... I realize a couple of posts ago I wrote all about the Mom, Mom, Mommy, MMMOOOMMM craziness. I get that. Sometimes it's hard to win with me. What can I say?

There is just something that keeps me going when K2 says "bye bye" or M says "EYE"... as far as J, when he says "excuse me, Mom" instead of "huh" (which I actually still say - thankfully he hasn't corrected me on this yet - I mean thankfully for HIM that is). :)

I just feel like, every step forward is so huge.

And.

I'm thankful.

And.

I feel like it's a reminder that "we" are truly meant to be.

It's working.

xo
K.

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Yah, gee whiz, good thing you're not the first parent who ever wanted to hear their children speak only to then want them to SHUT. UP. (Look for the gentle, loving sarcasm.)

You're doing great.

I had every confidence.

xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Awwww.... It is truly a joy to witness a child's development of language. It's when they use it as a weapon against you that it stops being so joyful....ROFL!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...