Snacks.
Need I say more?
T and I are already in the habit of eating healthy. I figure if it's not in the house, then I won't be tempted. Same goes for the kiddos.
So I guess I shouldn't be bothered that these children (especially J) eat fiftygazzillionmillion snacks, every, single, day, because, the snacks are after all, healthy.
The kids eat breakfast.
Then have a snack (usually a yummy, Asian pear).
Then they have another snack (usually more fruit).
Then it's lunch.
Then it's snack (usually cheese sticks).
Then it's snack (usually goldfish).
Then dinner.
And as you all know, J, the question man will ask me 'Mom, what's for breakfast?' before he goes to bed.....
This morning they all got up at 6AM, got dressed, hair done and ate breakfast.
At 7AM J asked for a snack.
Seriously?
HAS ANYONE OUT THERE ALREADY BEEN READY FOR A "SNACK" AT 7AM????????
Who is ready for anything at 7AM?
Who is that far into their day at 7AM that they are ready for a SNACK?
Good. Grief.
Well, J just got up from his nap. You know what that means.
Snack Time.
xo
K.
4 comments:
:) It's the same at our house....I actually read about a technique. I close the kitchen....lights off!! We have breakfast, then snack @ 10:00, lunch, 3:00 snack, dinner. If we wait late for Kevin to be home for dinner, I give another snack. I've only been doing it for a couple days, but it has seemed to help!!! :)
Good Luck....Micki
Goodness. I did know kids ate a lot, just not that much. That's insane! Are you broke?
~T
Yup. My kids are grazers. They would be almost perfectly content if they never had a meal and only had snacks. Go figure. :)
My kids love their snacks, too! And like Karyn's kids they would be much happier eating snacks all day over any kind of meal (well, R is now 9 and is starting to actually like meals over snacks so there is a turning point!).
We have the same schedule that Micki posted and I'm the mean mom who says "nope, it's not snack time yet" and make them wait. LOL
Post a Comment