I have pretty much learned and memorized all the vowels and consonants. Now we are putting together syllables.
Last night I learned that there are "beside vowels" and "underneath vowels"... If you look at Korean lettering you'll notice that it's kind of stacked up on and over eachother... That's because there is a vowel right underneath, or right beside, the consonant...
I'm just beginning to be able to sound out words... I can sound them out properly... I just don't know what I'm actually SAYING, because of course I am "speaking" (and I say that lightly) a different language....
... for example.. last night I was able to sound out the following:
s ou
kou tou
oo ee
hoo sou
kou kee
mou
ah kee
hah mah
pah tah
nah moo
I did it all very well and my teacher was very pleased.
I would have had no clue what I was actually saying however, unless I had the picture beside the "word" (symbols) in my nifty little workbook.
I actually SAID the following, in Korean:
bull
shoes
cucumber
lake
fish
radish
baby
hippopotamus
sea
tree
Now, while I'm sure I'll be saying "hippopotamus" and "bull" quite often... I have no idea when I will need to use the words "shoe" and "baby".
Here are a couple of shots of my workbook:


It is quite alright to be proud of me. :)
xo
K.
1 comment:
Haha! I'd be finding ways to say hippopotamous!
~Cat
Post a Comment