Sunday, June 12, 2011

fourteen weeks

Yesterday we went to J's end of the season track party. Events like these typically intimidate me because I'm going to a function, three kids in tow, just me.

We followed a family we've become very good friends with, to the picnic area. We arrived at about 11:40AM.

And stayed until....

almost 6PM!!

I did it!! And I didn't even need "help" ... as in help corralling my kids, getting my kids, saving my kids, stopping my kids.... fill in the blank.....

Only twice did I need to ask "Hey can you keep an eye out ....." when I took K2 to the potty.

I sat back, enjoyed friends (two to be exact), and the kids played, and BEHAVED. (And that is saying A LOT considering the past week or so that we've had).

Yipp .EEE!

On a more serious note...

I've got two added prayer requests ..... I had two friends this week that experienced TREMENDOUS loss.... My friend K lost her very, very, best friend to cancer (after a long battle)..... She was my age... and she was married. My friend J lost her Brother - in - Law very suddenly. I know I've got prayer warriors out there - so just lift these guys up when you think of them please.

xo
K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...