Monday, June 27, 2011

1 AM

It's one AM and I'm sitting up in my room, with the lights on, to make sure the twins are actually done puking before I get into bed (with them).

Just over an hour ago K2 came into my bed saying

MOM I FROW UP IN MY BED.

OK. Get in. I asked where his "doggy" was and got up to get it.... Well, I ended up stripping his bed and throwing everything - to include doggy - in the wash.

I got back into bed with K2 and he started puking again - I scooped him up and ran him to the toilet.

Then I cleaned him up again, brushed his teeth and gave him some gingerale.

And he puked some more.

After finally getting K2 settled back into my bed, I noticed the hall light on.

I stepped out into the hall, peeked into the hall bathroom and there was M, trying to blow her nose.

COVERED, head to toe,

in puke.

MOM I COUGH IN MY BED.

(it was literally - even - on her toes).

I stripped her and got her in the tub.

Went to her room to check out the damage, and, in true M form,

she had puked about a GAZILLION times more than K2.

(she's always trying to outdo him).

Enter K2 getting back up.

Enter K2 also getting in tub.

I grabbed two bowls for puking in the tub, and set to clean M's room.....

It was on the rug,

the hardwood floor,

her spread,

BOTH sheets,

her pillow,

the mattress protective thing....

Truthfully? I'm surprised it wasn't on the wall.

I bathed, lotioned, redressed, and brushed teeth on both kiddos,

and I THINK they are done puking for the time being.

They are both asleep,

a white bowl beside each of them,

in my bed.

I should mention one interesting fact.

Earlier today?

We had red velvet cupcakes.

Yeah.

So M's room?

Looked like a scene out of Criminal Minds.

xo
K.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, no! I hope there was no more puking. Red stains are so hard to get out, too. When P got the stomach bug, we'd brought him to Olive Garden earlier for dinner. It wasn't pretty but wasn't Criminal Minds like. And I have no interest in visiting Olive Garden ever again. You may end up feeling the same way about red velvet cupcakes.

Sarah said...

If you need a funny here is one of my older "deployment" posts....http://sapperfamily01.blogspot.com/2010/12/bodily-fluids.html I can't believe I didn't blog the one other episode where K1 pee'd his pants (he had been potty trained for 2 years), K2 puked on the floor on the way upstairs, followed by same said event from K3, K1 had diarrhea up the stairs on way to bath that night, K2 had diarrhea on bathroom floor, dog water tipped over while I was starting laundry, didn't have time to clean to came back 2 hours later after bedtime to clean up the dog water to find it had soacked the bottom of a 20lb bag of dog food, didn't know it was soaked until I picked it up and 20lbs of dog food came crashing out on to the floor...all in two hours! Keep your head up!

surfjams said...

This is Oh so not funny, totally horrible, the worst nightmare possible, but I have to confess that your last line made me laugh. You're funny :) Even in the midst of puke...

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...