Monday, February 28, 2011

clink

In 20 days our adoption journey would have been two years long.

Would have been.

It won’t be because….

We received an email from our attorney today.

Yes.

An email.

The email said “Congratulations Mom and Dad……..”

M and K2’s adoptions are final.

Done.

Finished.

I called our attorney for clarity….

It’s over? It’s done? We’re final? This is it? THE ADOPTIONS ARE FINALIZED????? I asked.

Well…. He said…..

You have 6 days to appeal if you decide that you don’t want to adopt the twins.

And just like that.

It was over.

I’m still in shock.

Which is why this blog post won’t be full of emotions and wonderful, articulate, meaningful stuff. I'm thinking that at some point this will sink in and I'll be able to identify my emotions and feelings and everything else......

I cannot believe we’re final.

It’s looks like T and I will be able to clink our glasses after all. (This happened JUST JUST in the nick of time).

xo
K.

6 comments:

Richele said...

Just like that ... congratulations!

Julie said...

FANTASTIC, WONDERFUL, couldn't be happier for you and your family.


J

Karyn said...

CLINK, baby, clink!!!

Ann Marie said...

Congratulations, mom and dad!

Jill said...

Congratulations! So excited for you!

Deb said...

Wow, he couldn't have called with that news! Congratulations! So glad it's all finally final.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...