Saturday, January 8, 2011

and closer

Do you remember, more than a year ago, when I described that we would need to "start from scratch" with this adoption process? How scary and overwhelming and impossible that all sounded?

Do you remember five months ago when the ruling of the court was appealed by our birth father?

Do you remember almost TWO - YEARS ago, when we met the children and started the process of adopting them?

Truly, truly - "a lamp unto my path" will forever have a strong meaning to me. As I've said before.... what this means to me NOW is.... we are allowed - just enough - light to see our next step. That's it.

Just. Enough. Light.

Now that we have that very important document from CA, saying that the ruling of the court (from our trial in August) is final. That there are no more appeals. We are free to - and today we HAVE -signed the paperwork to re-file for adoption, in the state of NC.

We have everything we need (it seems)...

T and I signed a bunch of papers today, petitioning to adopt (AGAIN), had them notarized, and Fed Ex'd, to our attorney a few hours away, in NC.

We are officially - re-filing.

Our attorney will be asking that the standard 90 day wait be waived for us. (After all, it's been a little more than 90 days already).

We have been told it shouldn't be long now.

I don't think it has hit me yet. I look back over these last two years..... Over our lives. Over it all..... I don't know how to absorb what is happening.

What I thought was impossible.

But.

ALL THINGS are possible.

Aren't they. (yes. that is a statement)

xo
K.

6 comments:

Michelle Strom said...

Judd and I are so OVERJOYED!!!!!!!!! We've been praying for your family so much these past two years!!!

hlescamilla said...

I am crying tears of happiness and joy for all of you. J, M and K2 are all so blessed to have you as parents. Love you!!

Unknown said...

Tears of joy for you. The long walk through the fire my friend has built a strength that has been rewarded :)

Karen U. said...

Great news!!! So glad to hear it!!! :-)

surfjams said...

We never drank that margharita together, but the day that they are officially and exclusively yours, I am SO drinking a margharita and cheering to you and your beautiful family! You are amazing, and you have been so encouraging and inspiring to me throughout this whole process. Your faith has been exemplary!

Trails of Grace said...

WOOt!! What a wild ride it has been!

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...