Saturday, May 15, 2010

spring cleaning

I decided to spend a good chunk of the weekend cleaning out stuff and really prepping for the move. This will be our first move with kids in tow.

I feel pretty organized so far and have been purging for weeks now. My goal is to not move anything that we won't be needing and/or using on the other end. I also need to make sure I pack enough stuff in the suitcases to get us through the time that we'll be without all of our stuff.

We did hear back from "branch" that the Marines have accepted the Army's nomination of T for the job. It is official that we're going to NC. We are still waiting for actual "orders" in hand so that we can put the move into motion. We should have "pre" orders by the end of next week - so that's something at least.

I signed all three children up for swim lessons. I'll need to be in the pool with the twins. That will be interesting. The lessons will take us right up to the week before our move home, they start mid-June.

The only news on the adoption front is that we have a "webcam meeting" scheduled for next week. The twins will be "meeting" the attorney assigned to each of them.

I need to ask our attorney if there is still hope of not going to trial. We seem to be talking about it as if it is a given at this point. Ted and I have moved the last of our resources. If we don't go to trial, that would be such a blessing, on so many levels. Financially speaking - it would be huge.

The sun has been out here and it seems that Spring has - truly - arrived. I miss clean air - but - am thankful for the warmth at least.

xo
K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...