Thursday, February 19, 2009

open adoption

My friend R sent me this link. When you have some time, check it out. It's about 7 1/2 minutes long, and, I believe it's worth listening to.

It's a clip that may help folks understand the true beauty that comes from open adoption.

What I took away from it was this..... When a child is given up for adoption, more often than not, it is out of love. Right? Perhaps that birth parent wants more for their child then they are able to provide. In my opinion, it is one of the most amazing, loving, selfless, things anyone can do. It is a gift. But. For the child. Do THEY feel they were given out of love? Or do they wonder as they get older.... The beauty of open adoption, of staying in contact with the birth parent(s) is that THEY ARE THERE TO PROVE they gave their child up out of love. We have heard it said so many times... "actions speak louder than words"..... If the birth parent is there, actively showing they care, they are proving what they did was truly, out of love.

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/religionandethics/episodes/february-13-2009/open-adoptions/2238/

xo
K.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She seems to be one very squared away 18 year old. Great video love.

~Cat

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...