Sunday, November 3, 2013

all i needed

When my husband is deployed often I need a simple "proof of life" email...... A one liner is perfectly fine..... saying he's too busy to talk, but, loves me.... that type of thing...... A one line email can have me set for 24 hours easily...... (maybe that doesn't seem like a lot..... I consider it pretty good).

Anyway.

All that to say..... encouragement for me doesn't have to come in a big, fancy, package.

The end of this coming week will mark two months that we've been doing Neurological Reorganization..... A "finished crawl" and "finished creep" (Army crawl and hands and knees crawl) will be our sign that we are "done" with therapy....... The first signs of correct creeping and crawling are just that.... first signs..... it's not like once they get it - they get it. No. They get it, and then it is very inconsistent. That is normal......

Today our daughter? For the FIRST TIME did a pretty good Army crawl.... Left leg, right leg, left leg, right leg, etc...... crossing her arms in front of her as she went.....

I?

Started to cry.

Thankful for my contacts, I can always rub my eyes and blame my tears on those.....

You see we can't TELL our kids how to do the crawl, we can simply praise with an occasional "good job" or "wow you're doing hard work" that type of thing.......

I know we are not there.....

But.

This therapy?

It's hard.

It is time consuming.

It is daily life CHANGING.

I?

Needed to be encouraged.

I needed my proof of life email.......

I needed to know that all of this time and effort..... that it's meaning something.

And?

It is.

So thankful.

So happy.

So encouraged.

xo
K.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo.
Great job and remember you can always come by my classroom for a congratulatory hug!!
Kim

Capescrapper said...

You are doing fantastic! :) Keep up the great work, it is paying off. And way to go kiddos too!

Jennifer said...

You are so amazing. I love, love, love, ALL of the transformations. You are such a great mom.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...