Saturday, November 19, 2011

thirty seven weeks

I received an email from our adoption facilitator yesterday. It said something about them having information and to please call them. I have not heard from them in about two years.....

So.

I called.

They had recently been contacted by DCFS about our birth mother. They contacted the facilitator because our birth mother said she had used them to place her three children for adoption. DCFS was wondering if the children actually HAD been placed for adoption, and also if they should be concerned..... They are wondering if our birth mother is a fit parent....

Because.

She gave birth to twin girls on October 28th.

We are in an open adoption with her.

In all of her (very crazy) correspondence with us...

She failed to mention...

This very large piece of information.

Add in our attorney (who I immediately contacted)...

and a social worker who is on the case (who contacted me)....

and we have a lot of people involved...

and lots of information flying...

Like...

Apparently our birth mother raised some flags that concerned folks while she was in the hospital when she gave birth....

And apparently people started investigating her....

And apparently there are abuse/neglect allegations ALREADY AGAINST HER regarding our children...

And apparently....

These baby girls were taken away, right at the hospital, by social services.

They are in foster care.

Their names? Eva and Valentina.

Valentina.

Ever heard of that name?

I have.

It's my Grandmother's name.

I cried myself to sleep last night with emotions ranging from ...

Anger

to

Shock

to

sadness

back to

Anger

I wondered a hundred other things....

Things you are wondering right now....

Like.

Will we ask to have these babies?

Our attorney beat me to that question.

SHE asked ME.....

It was one line in an email that read:

"Do you want two more kids?"

To which I replied:

"I am laying in bed exhausted, asking myself the same question."

I emailed T last night.

I woke up to three emails from him this morning....

Every single thought he had.....

was a thought that I had....

Right down to ....

We already sold our double stroller....

Our new vehicle doesn't fit seven....

They are our kids siblings....

Do we have a responsibility....

If money were not an issue what would our answer be...

Well.....

Apparently we are insane... The BOTH of us.

Because if we are offered these baby girls....

We will take them.

That's where we are today.

xo
K.

3 comments:

Jack said...

Holy. Crap.

Karen said...

Wow. What a life changing email! I'll pray that it all works out as it should. Wow.

surfjams said...

Wow! I was about to go to bed when I read this... I think I'm gonna have to email you about all that tomorrow, or soon. Wow. Did I mention Wow! already? I am speechless. Praying that God leads you AND that you feel freedom in Him to say Yes or No, because really, I think this is a craaaazy decision to have to make right now. Anyways, may God's peace that surpasses all comprehension guard both your hearts and minds in Christ, each minute of the day and night.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...