I spent the afternoon making phone calls. Trying to find out about the babies.... Trying to find out what people want to know, from us.
I reached a "supervisor" today... I had a very difficult time understanding her, because of her heavy accent, and I think I instantly frustrated her.
Which did not help my inquiries....
What I finally understood was this.
She wanted to know if I had J, M and K2....
Yes.
Are they adopted?
Yes.
OK then. I can take them off my case load and out of the system.
I asked.... What? I'm confused.
We wanted to make sure they are alive. There were allegations that they were dead.
(Um. YES. The birthmother was SAYING they were dead).....
Oh.
So.....
Is the birthmother going to get the babies back?
She made it very clear to me that all she needed to know FROM ME was if I had J,M and K2. And. If they were alive. And. If they were adopted. Did I understand her? Was I still confused?
Nope.
Not confused in the way she thought anyway....
I called back to the first social worker I spoke to, who had referred me to this supervisor.... But, I was told that she only works Wed-Sat..... I spoke with someone else, he told me the case was closed on their level because it was at the supervisor level now..... I kept asking questions, so he transfered me to a "trouble shooter"..... I asked HER if the birthmother was getting the babies back.... She told me that if she did all the court asked of her, that yes. She would.
Why, she asked. Did I have concerns?
Yes. I have concerns. Our kids are all in therapy.... I listed to her the diagnosis (S) they each have.....
She referred me to another person, I called and left them a voice mail.
I don't really FEEL much right now.....
Other than a bit stunned.
I understand that there are no perfect mothers...... and people make mistakes and are allowed to STILL parent. OF COURSE. Goodness. We ALL make mistakes.
But.
Does ANYBODY find it even SLIGHTLY odd that she was PREGNANT with these twins before OUR adoptions were EVEN FINAL???????
Isn't the "system" supposed to be to protect CHILDREN??
It seems it's turned into people covering themselves.....
Everybody has "rights" .......
At one point does a person LOSE their rights?
EVER??
It doesn't seem so...
not anymore.....
xo
K.
1 comment:
What. In THE HELL. Is the matter with people?
Who tells people that the children she brought into the world ARE DEAD, when SHE put them up for adoption???
She's a suitable case for treatment and she belongs in (preferably not co-ed) an institution. PROBABLY she belongs in jail.
Look out the window; see the haze of profanity to the north? That's me.
Yes, we all make mistakes, but um, really? REALLY? Honestly, I wouldn't leave this woman in charge of a pile of lint.
Post a Comment