I spent the afternoon on the phone, and sending, forwarding, and cc'ing emails....
I spoke with key players today.
An investigator from DCFS. Our attorney. Our therapist.
Right now everyone is in agreement that our birthmother is not stable.
However.
There is no evidence on her regarding abuse.
Except for...
Our three children. THEY are the evidence.
Our therapist and this investigator plan on communicating and working together. It may not be enough for the court but, it's something. Our therapist has testified in court for this very purpose, many times. The investigator I spoke to was great.... she asked tons of questions, asked for documentation of certain things, took notes, and listened. Our attorney is all over it as well.
The truth of it all is though.... T2 could very well get the baby girls on her court date, and be monitored for six months, and then.... who knows......
I mean, we went to trial with a convicted murderer to terminate HIS rights...... so... yes.... termination of rights is not something anybody takes lightly. Rightly so.... in some cases.
I can pray and I can work on my end. If God wants us to have these girls, He'll make it happen. He is bigger than all of this.
If it doesn't happen, I can know for certain, I've done everything I can.
Also, maybe WE'RE not meant to have them.... maybe I'm simply to do the leg work for another waiting, loving, couple.....
Or maybe T2 will straighten up her act, or get help, or something....
I do believe that this is happening for a reason, and I will be responsible with my portion of it.
xo
K.
2 comments:
*thumbs up*
-Ang
Wow. Just tuned in to bloggy land after a L O N G pause and found all your news. So emotional. I will be honest and admit that thoughts of scenerios like this have passed in my mind. My houghts and prayers are with you now. HE does have a plan, and no matter what your part in it, please know it will have an impact :)
Post a Comment