FINALLY we are 1/4 of the way through this deployment.
I am trying to EMBRACE the ..... accomplishment.
Truthfully it is hard to feel like we have SO MUCH time behind us because ..... well..... there is so much time ahead of us.
That being said the days are moving quickly because I have been so very busy.
Kids make a deployment harder - and - easier.
J was in a spelling bee on Friday and took third place out of 21 kids. I was SO PROUD and was praying (and crying) through pretty much the whole thing...... Every time J got up to spell a word, he'd lock eyes with me, say the word, spell the word, say the word and break eye contact. It was ......
pretty darn cool.
We were blessed to have our "mom and dad" visit yesterday, through this afternoon. We all went to the beach after dinner last night and the kids had a blast running around.... This morning we all went to Chuck E Cheese. CEC is not bad if you go first thing in the morning, before the chaos. It's clean and calm in there. It rained here this morning so it was a PERFECT morning to head there. After that the kiddos all napped and then Mom and Dad headed home.... When the kids got up we went to see Kung Fu Panda and then got some dinner.
I am ready to relax and to "X" another day off the calendar.
xo
K.
No comments:
Post a Comment