(Plus, because I'm late with this post).
I went on my first solo trip with the kids. I'm classifying it as a "trip" because it was about five hours each way. That's respectable, right? A TRIP. Right?
The kids were FABULOUS up and back.
We had a little life lesson about staying calm (when lost) and who to go to for help (the fire house). Due to construction my GPS decided to take me into a neighborhood about one hour into our trip. Then she (the GPS) decided to simply.... stop.... talking ... to me. The kind fire fighter got us back on track though.
We spent three days (two nights) with dear, long time friends, J,M and their three kiddos. T and I MET at J and M's wedding. So there is some good, long, wonderful, history there.
J and M were SO wonderful, and open and LAID BACK allowing ME to just relax and let the kids GO AND PLAY. It was wonderful.
M actually watched ALL SIX KIDS so that J and I could go out to (gasp) dinner and (gasp) have drinks and (GASP) conversation!!!
On the way home I got lost (again) and stayed calm (thank you Lord), even though the GPS stopped talking to me (AGAIN). I ended up going in a humongous 30 minute circle but, found a gas station where I could ask two (semi-scary looking, with a pit bull in tow) folks how to get back on the route I needed to be on. They were very kind and sent me on my (correct) way.
I am out of my ten week slump thankfully and look forward to being ONE QUARTER of the way through this thing at the next posting.
xo
K.
3 comments:
You are awesome! You did great and all of you are probably happier because of it. Miss you!
Heather
My GPS has decided to go on a vacation more than once in the middle of the worst part of Boston, not once, but like 3 times.
I feel your pain sister.
J and M are like "ROCKSTARS" hahaha
And the kids were AWESOME!!!!
Post a Comment