Earlier in the week I think I hit some kind of two month slump. I was pretty teary and kind of down..... I'll put it right out there and say, I did have PMS, so that explains it some. (I am the only one that can blame my mood on PMS. Just to be clear).
I am forever thankful for my friend/nanny E. She continues to bring joy, love and laughter into our home. And last night? Reinforcements.
K2 had a ..... situation ....... and needed to go to the ER. OK. If you MUST know. It was his (uncircumcised) penis. I took J with K2 and me, and E kept M. (Are you following all these letters?)
Having only TWO children was SO MUCH EASIER than if I had to bring all three.
It turned out well that I had J in tow since I got a good look at his ring worm and worked out getting a (stronger) prescription to treat it while we were in the ER.
Back to K2. He must have said "penis" 55 times last night.
Mom my penis hurts.
Mom doctor check my penis?
MOM THANK YOU FOR FIX MY PEEEEEEE NIS (in the waiting room, in the hall way, in the exam room, outside, inside, back at the house).
Mom my penis get better?
Mom get medicine for my penis?
So. K2's penis is on the mend. It was the very beginning of a little infection.
All three kids were in bed by 8PM last night (late for us) and I was exhausted.
But.
Thanks to God, and E.... we came through the experience unscathed.
T is doing well. Working hard. Working late. Getting up early. BUT. We always say if the Army is going to deploy him, they better NEED him, and he better be working, otherwise, he should be home. T does have a cold (I heard it in his voice today)..... I'm glad I packed cold meds and Vitamin C packets for him.
I am looking forward to being a third through this deployment.... That will help me mentally. Right now it's sort of feeling long, and difficult, and ..... we can't say HEY WE'RE...... anything..... It's just a bunch of days and weeks...... in a couple of weeks we can say WE'RE A THIRD OF THE WAY DONE and it will feel like something good. :) Like progress.
So far so good though.
One day at a time.
xo
K.
4 comments:
This had me in stitches. Not that I'm laughing at K's...ah...misfortune, but I can totally picture a little boy saying "penis" over and over and over. :)
I can totally hear him!!! Poor peanut!!
You're doing great mom!!!!
XOXO
You don't need me to tell you you're doing an amazing job handling it all at this point...but you are.
xo
Wow...permission to say the word penis over and over for a boy is awesome!!! My boys just love saying it!! Soemthing about a man and his stuff! Hope he is feeling better.
Heather
Post a Comment