Sunday, August 16, 2009

Prayer. Wine. Sleep.

That's what I'm planning on for the next 13 days.

T's away for work and I'm flying solo with the children.

Funny how when T USED to go away, I'd miss him, but, I was very "independent" and would do very well being strong and getting through. Of course my nights would consist many times of dinner out with a friend, then coming home to a relaxing bubble bath.... maybe a glass of wine... a phone call or a good book. My days would be filled up w/coffee or lunch dates, maybe a day trip of shopping... maybe a mani and a pedi....

(stop laughing).

Today we (T and me) got up at about 5AM - ish. Said our farewells, and I started my day.

It was a good day. But. I'm exhausted.

We (children and me) spent two hours at the park. Ate lunch there. Came home and played. Had a nap. Did baths. Played. Did dinner. Played. It's 7:15PM. The kids are down (thank you Lord), and I'm struggling to stay awake.

It's interesting how THIS time when T was packing up to leave (for only two weeks mind you) --- I was FULLY dreading his leaving. I was scared. Wondering. How on earth can I handle this on my own????

(OK Military wives who have been doing this for YEARS with children - give me some grace here)

I have fully realized the term "one day at a time."

I get it.

That's what I did today. I got through today. We (all) did it well.

One day down.

(and I'm stronger for it).

xo
K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...