Sunday, August 9, 2009

LIVE in your storm

“Safe to Believe”
“When Jesus was raised from the dead it was a signal of the end of death-as-the-end.” Romans 6:5-6 MSG
“Don’t you love that sentence? “It was the signal of the end of death-as-the-end.” The resurrection is an exploding flare announcing to all sincere seekers that it is safe to believe. Safe to believe in ultimate justice. Safe to believe in eternal bodies. Safe to believe in heaven as our estate and the earth as its porch. Safe to believe in a time when questions won’t keep us awake and pain won’t keep us down. Safe to believe in open graves and endless days and genuine praise.
Because we can accept the resurrection story, it is safe to accept the rest of the story. “
Max Lucado’s “Grace For The Moment “Volume I
August 8th
(I believe this is an excerpt from his book “When Christ Comes”)

I read this yesterday morning, before going to church. Yesterday’s sermon was about Jesus being the bread of life.

It got me thinking.

When we, as believers, are going through difficult times, we seek the Lord, right? But. In what capacity? I’ve said to others, and to myself, that no matter what, the Lord will see (us) through, we just need to keep our eyes on Him. OR – He is the one in charge, His will, will be done in this, He is bigger than any of “this.”

This is all true.

Recently I have had a thought shift.

What if it isn’t simply about getting through “it” and keeping our eyes on Him throughout?

Reading Max Lucado’s bit made me think of how insignificant ALL of “this” is in relationship to eternity and heaven.

We, as humans, categorize things according to importance. So, say someone is struggling to make a car payment, but, someone else is struggling in their marriage, still, someone else is about to lose their child. Many folks would say, the person about to lose a child is going through the biggest trial. Or maybe the person struggling in their marriage. And that opinion would simply come from wherever that person (with said opinion) is coming from in their own life.

What I realized yesterday is that ALL OF THIS “stuff” is trivial when it comes to eternity.

Whatever we are facing today will be forgotten in the blink of an eye when we enter heaven.

What my thought shift ended up being is this:

What if it isn’t about JUST having faith that God will carry us through whatever it is we’re going through?

What if it isn’t just about claiming that He is more powerful and holding on to THAT to get us through?

What if we are supposed to live EACH DAY – in our storms – for Christ – no matter what? No matter how things turn out.
What if it’s about daily living for Him, in our storm, no matter how big, or how small that storm is? LIVING in our storms, day by day, for Christ.


‘Just a thought. (or two).
xo
K.

3 comments:

Ann Marie said...

AMEN! This is the main reason I'm not afraid when I go skydiving! Love you my sister in Christ.

Debbie said...

Amen. I could totally relate. That was a great testimony.
Each person's pain - great or small - is their reality. One must seek their relationship with the Lord daily and find comfort within that relationship. I don't think it is enough to seek solace from the Lord during trying times, we must work at growing and celebrating in our love for Him.
Great or small, the Lord will see us through, according to his plan. I believe that it is through this relationship that we are able to live completely for/through/with Christ.

For every action there is a reaction. If one looks closely (in retrospect), they can almost see His plan in action. I find that to be Amazing (and extremely healing).
xoxo

Karyn said...

I've said it before... I'll probably say it again... you're a better person than I am.

But I LOVE the title: Live in your storm.

That's poetry, right there.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...