Thursday, August 20, 2009

one moment.....

Today was a long day.

It poured.

The twins had some sort of stomach bug (let's just say I had to burn some candles, AFTER cleaning, to get rid of the yucky smell).

T's away.

J had a rough go eating dinner. It was one of those nights that it was a challenge. It took him about 45 minutes to finish.

But.

At the end of it?

He apologized.

THEN he said.

"No matter what I do Mom, even when I'm really bad? You still love me."

(Cause that's what I always tell him. And for the record I don't ever tell him "he's bad" .... I'm just quoting what he said)

I added to that...

"And you know what else? Whenever you apologize, I'll always forgive you. Always. No matter what. I will always love you. I'll always forgive you. No matter what." (which I've told him many times).

Then J said (and I quote):

"That's riiiiight."

That one moment, made this whole, long, crazy, day.....

Wonderful.

xo
K.

1 comment:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh wonderful. Thanks for posting these wonderful stories. I am SOOOO proud of you.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...