You sing all around but I never hear the sound
(chorus)
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
Lord I'm amazed by You
And how You love me
(verse 2)
You paint the morning sky with miracles in mind
My hope will always stand
For You hold me in Your hand
(bridge)
How deep how wide
How great is Your love for me "
--------------------------
This song is playing in my mind as I think of the reception we've had coming back to South Korea.... I know T mentioned how wonderful everyone has been... But, I want to talk about it some too....
As we were flying back I started to feel totally overwhelmed (again).... Maybe "terrified" would be more accurate. Suddenly all of this felt "real." There have been days that I have literally been crippled in fear over all that has taken place. It seems that when I come to that place, the Lord not only picks me back up, He raises me higher than where I was before.
Like coming home. I was so scared about being able to handle all this. Especially knowing that T would be going back to work so I'd be on my own during the day....As soon as we drove into our town house parking lot we were greeted by friends that were so happy to see us and welcome us home they were crying.... We have had a constant flow of friends coming by to hug us and love us and support us.... Truly thrilled that we are here.
When we walked up to our door I saw all our flower pots filled with freshly planted flowers.... Our lights were on and before we even walked in the door I could see bouquets of balloons.... There were toys, books, and stuffed animals filling our hallway and dining room..... Dinner was warm in our crock pot... Our fridge, freezer and cabinets were filled with everything you can imagine.... Gogurts, hotdogs, chicken nuggets, deli meat, cheese sticks, juice, milk, and wine... We had fresh fruit and freshly baked banana bread..... I keep finding things neatly tucked away.... like children's Advil in the medicine cabinet.....
Do you know ANYBODY more blessed than us??? I don't.
So today we had a welcome home BBQ, given for us, in our honor ..... My amazing friend M has been a master organizer in putting the word out that we've adopted and it has been through her that all of this has taken place... She made calls, sent out emails, organized and shopped and she's done more than I probably even realize..... It was through her that people knew of our story and it was through her that people coordinated their purchases and donations.... Like the crib and dresser/changing table that was given to us.... By someone who only knows of us through M. Not only was it given to us - it is BEAUTIFUL - and? It was set up, ready to go, right down to the beautiful bedding and stuffed animals that were inside. The dresser? Full of clothes. That M organized, folded, and put away for us. Oh, so, back to the BBQ that M organized... wonderful. M's awesome husband R took control behind the grille and cooked for everyone.... I MET people as they gave me cards, and "a little something" .... I also met people who just wanted to meet us in person and had already left their gifts at our house. People came to meet our family and to celebrate our family. Also, pretty much everything was done anonymously.... I've had to ask M who gave what, because it's not like it was gift wrapped with a card to identify... People just GAVE and gave and gave... then put it all away, and set it all up for us......
Let this encourage you. There is still so much good in this world. There are pure hearts, giving hearts, and loving souls that fill this earth..... The whole "pay it forward" thing really exists.... Giving, just to give, really exists. Random acts of kindness, really do exist.
I could go on and on... but, I'll sign off for now.... T and I are going to attempt to watch a TV show together.... We've tried to do this the last two nights, and have ended up falling asleep. :) ha ha....
Love to you all.... and thank you for your continued support and prayers.
xo
K.
4 comments:
K,
Happy Mother's Day to you. Your family is truly blessed.
I am very happy for you both. It warms me to know you have wonderful friends in Korea who were there to provide such magnificent support.
The children are beautiful. Take each day slowly..one at a time...
Best Wishes fron the Cape..
143
LA
I am a day late.. what a ding dong.. and really a day + 13 hours.. but HAPPY MOTHERS DAY... I am in a hotel room - found wireless finally - checked your blog first.. .now WIPING MY EYES ... DRIPS on my t-shirt tears.. HOW AMAZING... that's not a big enough word.. UNBELIEVABLE... how special are they? How special are YOU .. you deserve it.
Goosebumps. I love you girl!
~Delta Whiskey
Post a Comment