Friday, May 22, 2009

Jesus Take The Wheel

So, this morning we were listening to this song.

I loved this song from the very first time I heard it.

Apparently our birth mom "T" (hereafter referred to as "T2" to avoid confusion) loves it too. All the children know it. J sings it at the top of his lungs... The twins both get familiar, happy, looks on their faces....

K2 "sings" to it. OK, he doesn't really and truly sing, because he's not speaking yet... But, he kind of hums along to it, and his timing is pretty on.

M sways back and forth, with a big smile on her face.

A little while ago J asked if I could play the "baby in the back seat" song.

I put it on.

He asked if I'd pick him up.

I did.

The music played. We danced. We sang. J really belted out the chorus. He was singing at the top of his lungs.

"Jesus take the wheel."

My guess is he really doesn't know what he's singing.

What it really means.

But.

I do.

I sang along. In awe at the irony.

Connected with "T2".

With these children.

With this amazing prayer.

"Jesus, take the wheel. Take it from my hands. 'Cause I can't do this on my own."

I held J tight, swaying back and forth, hoping that one day he feels as safe and loved by me, as he does (did?) by "T2."

Hoping that one day, he loves me as his "mom", like I love him as my son. Completely, sincerely, deeply.

xo
K.

4 comments:

Jennifer W said...

K,

I love reading your blog. You have such a wonderful spirit. You all are so "blessed" to have found each other.

They may be too little to tell you but I am sure they feel as safe and loved as you need them to.

You and T are amazing. I am in awe of all you do. God bless you.

Jen :)

Anonymous said...

I had those tears of "awwwness" while reading this one. How blessed you all are.

Love to you and yours.

Richele said...

It's all so beautiful.

Crazy beautiful.

Mixed-up beautiful.

Just-right beautiful.

cuzinM said...

I also love reading your blog. You and T are an amazing display of the work of the gospel You have adopted these kids into your love and grace just as the Father has adopted us in Christ. I pray that you will feel as blessed as your children feel by your love.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...