Thursday, December 11, 2008

sorry for the delay

A bit of time has passed since our last post! OOPPS! Sorry about that. As you know, life, around holiday time, gets a bit hectic.

On tap for this week is our "Christmas Open House" party on Saturday. I'm pretty excited about it. That's what I've been keeping myself busy with this week.

I'll try to remember to post pictures of our event.

For now, I present to you (enter drum roll here)

THE MENU:

- Wine, Eggnog, Beer, Makers Mark
- Bailey's and Kahlua for coffee
- Breaded Chicken Strips w/dipping sauce
- Taco Dip w/ chips (huge, yummy, hot, delicious dip I might add....)
- White Bean Hummus w/pita bread
- Meatballs and sauce
- Orzo, Spinach, Tomato, and Feta salad (w/pesto)
- Tomatoes stuffed w/gorgonzola cheese
- Goat cheese and sundried tomato bread bites
- Bourbon Balls
- Bailey's Irish Cream Cake (thanks Kelly!!!!)
- Italian Meatball Cookies (thanks Cheryl!)
- Anise Cookies
- Walnut Shortbread Cookies

'Back to work!
xo
K.

5 comments:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

you crack me UP... fabulous menu!!!

Karyn said...

What time should I be there? I am so hungry now. :)

Kelly Elizabeth said...

OK.. so now where's the follow up report? I want to hear about the oohs and aaahs from everyone...

Anonymous said...

HI guys. Sounds like you have lots planned for the day to come. Sorry, I haven't been checking your site for a while. It's has been crazy as you mentioned around the holidays. I wish I read your note of Nov 26 earlier... I know you are fine - just want to say sorry and miss you:) and give you a virtual hug:) Any news on adoption?
We had our X-mas presentation at church today. It was great! You should e-mail me your mailing address and I'll mail you a copy:)Please, do!
love
Anastasiya

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your anise cookies! I hope it was a wonderful time! Sorry it's been so long since I've stopped by... but you know, life gets out of control around this time of year.
~Cat

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...