Thursday, December 18, 2008

The Expedition

Here are the photos from our "hike".

That is our destination in the distance.


Some might call those zig-zagging things on the rock face "stairs". After the first hundred steps, it became a ladder because they were so steep. In the summer, you have to fight thousands of Koreans to the top. On a weekday morning in late December, we had the park to ourselves and didn't meet anyone else on the trail until we were descending. In the distance are the only other couple that went to the top, J&S.


Looking back at the stairs from about two-thirds of the way to the top.


One of the stunning vistas as we took a break.


At the summit!

2 comments:

Karyn said...

Beautiful, amazing, impressive.

Anonymous said...

Wow. That's really beautiful. I wish I could hike with ya'll.
~Cat

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...