So, the open house party was a HUGE success! We are guessing that about 50 people showed up... Everything went without a hitch. The food came out great! There was plenty for everyone. We had a blast!
T and I finished cleaning up at about 2AM!
Here is K prepping the gorgonzola-stuffed cherry tomatos.
The house was simply packed. People were standing in the kitchen and hallways. We expected some people to eat and run because of the crowd, but most stayed from the beginning to the Guitar Hero tournament at the end.
Since everyone in Korea takes their shoes off at the door, this is a fairly decent indication of how many people were there.
We got up on Sunday morning, and headed out with a group of friends to a local fish market. This fish market is like nothing I've ever seen. It was huge and there was fish (and every other kind of sea creature) for as far as you could see (in every direction). It was very cold however. The fish market seemed to be in some sort of huge warehouse type of structure. So, it was dark, and wet, and well, really, really cold. Very cool.
After that, we went over to the "63 building"... Our friends continued on with their day of exploring and seeing the sites... I was just too exhausted. T and I grabbed lunch and took a taxi home.
Lunch was kind of funny.... We got the BEST dumplings either of us has ever had... and some sort of noodle dish. A Korean lady saw us struggling with what to do with the noodles and the five other things that came with them.... so she gave us some helpful information (in Korean) and then ran and got a fork for me. :( I did not do well with chopsticks and these noodles. In my defense, they were slippery little buggers.
THE NEXT MORNING (are you getting tired yet???) we headed out to Mt Sorak for a three day marriage retreat. This was put on by our unit chaplains, and was COMPLETELY free for us. We were away from Monday - Wednesday and it was a wonderful time. Our room had an ocean view. The area we were in was gorgeous. We had some workshops, and lots of free time... we had a "commitment ceremony" and a "sweetheart dinner" and that was really cool. We also went hiking. Oh my gosh. I think it's safe to say that it was the toughest AND most rewarding hike I've ever done. (Scroll down to the next post for photos.)
We got home Wednesday night and I was in bed by 9:15.
Thursday (yesterday) I ran non-stop, playing catch up... which included grocery shopping for Christmas dinner (where is this month going?!?!?!?!).... we bought a 23 pound turkey. Right. I barely got the thing into the freezer. No worries. I jammed it in there. :) We are planning on having 7 or 8 adults and 3 kids for Christmas dinner. Hence the huge birdy. :)
Last night we had our Christmas party with Ted's work... no cooking for me!!! In fact, I haven't cooked since our open house! WooHoo!!!!
Have a great day!
xo
K&T
3 comments:
I'm so glad to see you have the gumdrop tree front and center.
ooooommmmmygosh!!! I love seeing pics of my pinksies!!! I love the scenery... I can't believe the hike!! BUT I love the pic of K in the kitchen the most. She looks so pretty!!!!!
I can't get over how happy and gorgeous you look.
Post a Comment