Thursday, May 29, 2008

Registry

My friend Kristen suggested that we register for some baby stuff and was kind enough to come with me to do it. I had NO CLUE as far as what the "must have's" are and what items are those "life savers"..... Kristen's daughter Sofia is only four, so she is hip to the latest brands.  When I think about it... I realize that I was a bit apprehensive at first... I guess it's because we've wanted a baby for so long ..... and have had several disappointments...... What I needed to be reminded of is that adoption will end with a baby. Soooooo we need to be prepared (OK, well AS PREPARED as we can be....) 
I walked into Babies R Us, went up to the registry section, and explained our situation (adopting.... baby could be newborn, but, may be as old as two years, and oh by the way, we're moving this Summer to S.K......). Kristen met me moments after I had arrived.... 
Today was such a gift and I am so glad that Kristen not only suggested it, but, took the time out of her busy schedule to meet me, here in RI.  At the end of the experience, I can honestly say ..... I feel like I'm a "Mom to be". It's awesome. 
I'm really psyched we did this for many reasons.... a few of which are....I HAD NO IDEA what to get (as previously mentioned), a lot of items are going to be difficult to get in S.K.  There is ONE PX over there, and, I've heard a few times to bring baby items over with us, b/c even if the PX gets stuff in, they are instantly sold out b/c of the high demand.  Also, I won't be able to easily exchange over there... this way, everything is on a nice, little list. 
Once we know what age our baby is, I can go on line and fine tune the list.... I registered for newborn stuff as well as a bit older....
All in all - today has been a great day. Now, I get to pay bills. :)
xo
K.

3 comments:

Kelly Elizabeth said...

that is SOOOO awesome! how FUN! Let us know how to access the registry!

Anonymous said...

I think you just go to Babies R Us, click on the registry part, and it should as for my/our name(s). Let me know if that doesn't work.
xo!
K

Karyn said...

I think this is phenomenal - good for you! You SHOULD feel like a mom-to-be, because you ARE.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...