Thursday, May 22, 2008

I'm really going to miss living here, but, I think it's safe to say that I've enjoyed every moment since arriving last July... so I can leave with out any regrets. I'm looking out the office window and it looks like it's going to be a beautiful day. 10 boats are moored out there this morning sitting on the very still water. Gorgeous. 

When moving overseas the packers/movers come in three shifts. The first shift is the "household goods" shipment. That was picked up last week. This is the biggest of the three ships. Almost everything we will need and want over in S.K. is now out of the house (living room, most of the kitchen, our bed.......). The next shipment will be "baggage". That shipment is about 1000 pounds of stuff we will want sooner rather than later over there. (Things like linens, bathroom stuff, a few pots and pans to cook with). That will be packed up the first week in June and sent over to S.K. via cargo plane. I've been going crazy at CVS stocking up so that I have some time over there before having to search out new brands. The final shipment will be picked up right before we move out. That stuff will go into storage. I have to say that this is the biggest purge of "stuff" we've ever had. We don't have much going into storage at all, which was the goal. Our guest bed will go in there....a few pictures, our master dresser... that sort of thing. I have to say getting rid of stuff is freeing! (Thank you for the push in that direction my Sistah!)

Today I'm going to go to post to pick up my "official" passport and visa, other than that I don't have much going on. This coming weekend we'll have our second yard sale. Whatever we don't sell we're giving away. 

I read a cool verse recently, so that's what I'll close with today....

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

xo
K.

3 comments:

Marguerite said...

Funny, I never thought of you as having baggage. Heheh.

This is awesome cuz....I love your writing already. Much better idear than MySpace.

XO

Anonymous said...

heee...heee.....

You were the inspiration for this my Cuz so thank you!!!!

Karyn said...

Lovely...xo

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...