Tuesday, May 27, 2008

home study approved

As of last week we are, officially, "home study approved"!!! This is great news! We hired an agency up here in RI to do our home study. What this consists of is .... well, a lot of things actually..... We were both interviewed together and separately, we had our finger prints done, had back ground checks done, our financial records were looked over, our medical histories were studied, we had references checked (thanks to those we chose, who filled out those forms and turned them in so quickly!), we each had to write out an autobiography..... I know I'm forgetting stuff here..... Needless to say, it's quite a process, and it needs to be done in order to adopt. So now, we are approved, and we are READY! :) When we go to NC next month we will meet w/a social worker down there to do an "update". Because we are moving out of RI and to S.K., our home study needs to be updated to our "home of residence". Even though we'll be living in S.K., we'll  be on U.S. soil, our home study  needs an update because of the actual "move" to a new location/home. We decided to make NC our "home of residence", hence the update in NC. 
xo
K

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...