Saturday, May 31, 2008

More Movers Monday

Our next batch of Movers will come on Monday. A few weeks ago our "household goods" shipment was packed up, crated and was (theoretically) put on a boat, headed to S.K. Monday's shipment is our "baggage" shipment. This shipment is much smaller and consists of items that we "can't live without". Most of these items are piled up in our living room. We've got some clothes, a rug (THANKS NIKKI AND BOB!!!), office stuff, our Xbox, vacuum, a bunch of bathroom stuff I (obsessively) stocked up on..... towels...etc....
It's Saturday night and Z is here for the weekend. :) Tomorrow we're all going to our Cousin's house for a "no one is graduating" party. :) It'll be a great to see all the Auntie's and Cousin's. I'm really looking forward to it.... 
Sunday night I need to make sure that all towels and sheets are washed, dried and folded, and that the dishes, flatware, coffee pot, tea kettle....etc....are clean and dry so the movers can take them away Monday morning. 
Right now it seems like everything I look at needs to be taken care of in some way... for example, I was making coffee yesterday and realized, I need to pour the coffee that's in the canister into a Ziploc so I can wash and dry the canister, so that it goes in Monday's shipment, otherwise I won't have my canister in S.K. :) 
It's all good though, right? At least that's what I'm going to claim. :) 
One good thing about going without all of our stuff for so long is that when we finally DO get our comfy couch and our bed and our dishes....I'll be so happy to have our "home" back, maybe I won't care that it's all located in the third most air polluted country in the world. :) Oooppss.... did I just type that??? :) :)
xo
K

5 comments:

Marguerite said...

Great, now I have the Jefferson's Movin' On Up theme song in my head!

How was the party?? Sorry we couldn't make it. I'm glad we'll get to spend time together down the Cape though. Very soon! :-)

Anonymous said...

The party was SO NICE. Very nice time indeed. We'll be on the Cape 6/29-7/3 (we leave on the 3rd). xoxo K.

Karyn said...

You did - and that's ok. I'm thinking some air filters and a hepa vacuum cleaner... It's good to be optimistic and think positive but sheesh, who wouldn't have some reservations and concerns about a move of this magnitude?

Anonymous said...

I didn't even think about a super duper vacuum!!! Smart idea!!! We have an air purifier en route however. :) xo
K.

Marguerite said...

YAY, looking forward to seeing you sooooon!!

BTW, I wonder why you're posting as 'anonymous' on your own blog?? Hmmmmmm.

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...