Does that make sense?
Do you understand where I'm coming from?
Have you ever said any of these things? I know I have....
We are living in a world of "like", "share", "repost if you agree", and "comments"....
A world of statements.
Of statuses.
Journalism is virtually non existent and news blogs have taken it's place......
We post people's opinions as facts...... and we like and share and agree.......
We quote people and literature simply because someone ELSE posted it...... and we do not check it's legitimacy.....
We have started to equate respect with agreement.
It is impossible to agree with everyone. It's quite simple really.
It is NOT impossible to be respectful towards someone you do not agree with.
It is not impossible to listen to someone's opinion
It is not impossible to respect someone that you don't understand.
You see ...... you don't need to respect the OPINION...... you need to respect the person who HAS the opinion.
We have stopped talking to one another.
We have stopped listening.
We have stopped asking ourselves a very important question.....
"What if I'm wrong?"
xo
K.
1 comment:
Kristin
I am catching up on years of being outside of your life tonight. Reading your blog backwards until I get to a post I remember reading.
There have been a few places I have wanted to fist pump and yell out, "right on, Girl!" (but I've restrained myself.) However, after reading this post, I wouuld like to share one of my favorite sayings with you. Not because someone else posted it first and I wanted to usurp their hard work but because I want to share with YOU.
The thing of it is.... if you can't change your mind, how can you be sure you actually have one?
Change is change; sometimes good, sometimes not so much so. Change leads to growth, and they aren't called growing pains for nothing. You are an amazing person, you allow yourself to try things and change if they don't work. It takes a strong person to allow herself to admit that something isn't working and actually modify their actions in order to (hopefully) affect a change for the better in the lives of others.
I am so very glad to have you as a role model. Thank you for inviting me back into the circle that is your world.
I love you.
Jenn
Post a Comment