Fires burn out
Rains stop
Droughts end
Cycles? They end too.......
As I look at my daughter, even on her worst day, I see something....... very clearly.
She?
Is going to be a great Mom.
I watch her with babies...... how her face lights up.... how gentle she is.....
She talks about babies she knows (our friends' babies)...... she thinks about them, worries about them, asks about them..... she loves them.
Deeply.
To get between a baby and my daughter?
It would be safer for you to get between a hippo and the water.
I'm just saying.
When we are doing our therapy and I'm walking laps while she crawls behind me I watch her...... and watch her expressions....... and when I put on anything about babies for her to watch on my iPad when she is doing therapy?
Wow.
Her face - lights - up.
Smiles.
Laughter.
Bright, happy, pure, excited, eyes......
Whatever crazy kindof mom stuff that is in my daughter's blood line? It ended. Even on our darkest day, I can tell you this.
My daughter? Is going to be a good Mom.
The gig is up.
The show is over.
The fat lady? She's singing.
xo
K.
3 comments:
Tell me you know why that is. Please. Please tell me you know how much responsibility you bear for bringing this girl's inner light to the surface. You. Are amazing. xxx
K, this is an amazing thing for your daughter. WOW, brings tears to my eyes. Love that she is the end of that cycle. Thank the Lord :)
She is going to be an amazing mother because you my friend, are an amazing mother. She is a witness to your strength and feels your love every single day!
Post a Comment