Sunday, September 22, 2013

if it takes that long it takes that long

I mentioned that we don't know how long we will be doing this therapy......

You know how when we are told we are not being given a timeline..... how .... we come up with a timeline in our mind anyway?

Yeah.

So. I did that.

I came up with my own timeline based on nothing other than..... the time when we move from here.

That's pretty mathematical and scientific. Right?

(work with me here)

Well.

I joined a support group and someone in that support group mentioned that THEY had done NR and what a miracle it was for their daughter...... they went on to say that while most folks "graduate" in 18-24 months, they were on year four.

Um.

Hi.

This? Was news to me. And. It was way off my timeline. The timeline that I had worked so hard to develop.

I? Am a passionate person. I like to .... express myself...... verbally ..... a lot.

When I shared this news of a timeline that we weren't given, but, that I heard from someone (who I never met) with my husband, he said simply: "If it takes that long, it takes that long."

Oh.

Hm.

I guess that's true then, isn't it?

How does he do that? Turn me around and sit me down like that?

Well, two weeks down and eleven million to go!!!

xo
K.

No comments:

it's my choice now

  I sat down for my quiet time a lot later than usual, this morning. The sun was up and filling the room where I was sitting.   Going throug...