We are in the beginning stages of Neurological Reorganization in our home...... It's the next level of healing for us.
And.
I'm excited.
It's a lot to explain..... but, we are basically re-doing what our kids should have had, but didn't......
Creeping on hands and knees, crawling on bellies, spinning around in circles, bear hugging..... all that stuff that mommies and daddies do with the kids they adore......
So.
We "input" all of this stuff (and there is a LOT involved in this therapy).....
and the output will be seeing our kids do a "finished" creep and crawl.
Believe it or not..... the brain teaches a baby how to do it..... and if this baby never gets to do it..... because say for example they are left in the crib..... a lot ...... then.... you will wind up with a nine year old and two six year olds (for example), who literally, do not know how to creep or crawl.
Our kiddos are learning......
We give no guidance. They do it how they do it...... and we have watched it evolve as their brain(s) figure it out.....
Today, I had to hold back my happy tears....... Our nine year old? Did a proper ARMY CRAWL.
Praise God.
It's working.
Our daughter? Complained of a headache, saying "My head hurts when I do this (crawl)"...... I said "That's because your brain is working!" :)
And?
She thought about it for a second.....
And continued to work.
It was a heck of a day.
I'm tired.
But.
I have so much hope.
xo
K.
1 comment:
woo hoo! that is so cool!
When he figures it all out and you can share your feelings from this day... please tell Jaden that Ms. Gold is also incredibly proud of him!
<3 Kim
Post a Comment